If you are planning to start your own business, you would usually be faced with the issue of raising capital.
Many of my friends who are starting out faced the same issues too and they usually have the following questions in mind:
- Should I bootstrap or should I be raising capital?
- If I raised capital, how much equity should I give out?
- How do I value my company now?
- Who are the investors?
- Will I lose control of the company?
These are some of the questions that you have in your mind too. This week we open up and we discuss about the pros and cons of raising venture capital. We also look at the difference between VC funding and Angel Funding.
- Flipboard founder on venture capitalists: “Take their money”
- The Problem With Profitless Start-ups
- A Love Letter to Bootstrapping
- Five Reasons Not To Raise Venture Capital