- Evernote – Starhub partnership
Evernnote has partnered Singaporean Telco Starhub, giving post-paid Starhub customers a complimentary one-year Evernote Premium subscription. On top of that Evernote has released Video notes, an exclusive feature only for Starhub Subscribers. Starhub is getting aggressive with those partnerships.
- Linkedin is now targeting Universities – With over 200 academic institutions adopting LinkedIn University pages, current and prospective students can now see what their University’s successful Alumi are up to, allowing students to contact alumni that they find interesting.
- Carousell partners SPH – Carousell, the hottest mobile market place in Singapore, announced their partnership with SPH Magazines to launch SheShops Marketplace, cross promoting items listed in the Fashion and Beauty categories of Carousell to SheShops, which is targeted towards readers of herworldPLUS and other SPH Magazines. Already they have over 200k listings. Go team Carousell!
- AdLatte launces in Thailand – AdLatte, an app that rewards you for paying attention to it’s partners advertisements has launched in Thailand. It’s an interesting concept where the User is directly rewarded with points for watching/reading ads and answering a simple quiz. These points can be used to redeem for coupons, gift cards and rebates among other things. It is available on Android and iOS.
- MediaCorp launches new Food app that looks like Burpple – With the accompanying Zombie ad on TV, MediaCorp has launched 8 days eat. It has stirred some controversy online because of it is strikingly similar in design to Burpple. Come on guys…
- Singapore’s I2R developed a teleconferencing device. – Imagination to Reality(I2R) has developed a “attention-directed desktop telepresence robot”. For those of you who have watched The Big Bang Theory, this is pretty much Sheldon’s Virtual Presence Device. BUT REAL. There are some cool diagrams and pictures of the device in action in TechInAsia’s article so click the link in our show notes to check it out.
- Telepathy One, Japan’s answer to Google Glass raised US$5M this week. – Telepathy One is not really a Google glass rival as it does not display information, rather it focuses on sharing what the user is viewing. Well, I guess you won’t have to worry about getting the spaced out look that is being associated with Google Glass if you use this.
- PicCollage (Taiwan) – USD $2.3M seed funding
- Taggo announced Series A round led by Jungle Ventures
- Kamcord receives US#1M in funding from tensent and Innovation Works. – “An iOS SDK which allows users to record and share actual videos of their mobile game plays, has just announced that it has surpassed one billion recordings.”
- LoanGarage closes 6-digit Pre-Series A round, hires experienced CTO.
Topic of the Week – Innovation vs Apps
why instagram and not hyperloops
SME Tip of the Week
– Send employees – must be hire within the last 3 Months
– Hire Employees!